Travel Insurance is an insurance policy that provides 24 hours emergency medical assistance, personal accident cover, compensation for travel delay and loss of traveler’s property and other travel related contingencies arising during the trip. This policy is not a general health insurance policy.
The coverage is intended for use by the insured in the event of sudden and unexpected sickness or accident arising when the insured is outside of his or her home country.
he most common risks that are covered by travel insurance plans are:
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption.
- Medical assistance.
- Evacuation Insurance.
- Baggage and Personal Items Loss.
- Trip delays.
- Lost or delayed baggage.
- Medical coverage and medical evacuation.
- Personal Accident – DEATH/PTD
- Emergency Medical Expenses and Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Dental Care
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Hospital Benefits
- Loss of Checked Baggage
- Delayed Baggage – from US$50 per each 12 hour period of delay
- Personality Liability
- US$50 per each 24 hour period of detention
- Loss of Passport
- Cancellation and Curtailment
- Travel Delay
- War & Terrorism
How it works
It works quite similarly to other insurance policies in the following ways:
Travel insurance primarily works in a reimbursement structure. You will get reimbursed from the travel insurance company if they approve your claim.
Purchase your travel insurance before anything actually happens to disrupt your trip.
How much does it cost to get travel insurance?
We have four different travel plans to choose from. Namely: Gold Plan, Premium Plan, Schengen Plan and Student Plan.
Whether you’re planning for a vacation or a business trip. Protect yourself with the right travel insurance.